Dene Language Revitalization Consultant
Location: Meadow Lake Tribal Council
Employment Terms: Full Time
Length of Employment: Other
Number of Positions: 1
Date Posted: 03/11/2019
Expiration Date: 03/29/2019
Dene Languages Revitalization Consultant
The MLTC Office of Education is seeking a dynamic, energetic, motivated individuals to fill full-time positions for Dene Language Revitalization Consultant.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Attend regular internal meetings with Coordinators/Consultants based on the involvement in regards to the specific initiatives
· Implementation of school-based needs and providing long-range second-level service & delivery – modeling, co-planning, co-teaching, co-assessment.
· Timely feedback/reporting of project outcomes and successes to the Coordinator
· Monitoring and follow-up on project timelines
· Regular communication with designated school-based administrators and coordinators/consultants/coaches
· Facilitation of PD presentation (provide rationale for contract requests/fee for service for PD, school-based needs and external consultants, content development, resource material preparation)
· Support for all event planning details and collaboration with team members
Budgets & Reports
· Collaborate as a team to provide estimates for ordering of resources and PD delivery
· Responsible for submission of monthly reports and data to Coordinators
Specific Roles & Responsibilities
· Coach, model and demonstrate
· Demonstrating in classrooms with language instructors/classroom teachers to demonstrate recommended second language teaching methods (ASLA, TPR, etc) and assisting with implementation.
· Support technological and innovative methods in language revitalization.
o Assisting language instructors with development and implementation of Cree and Dene courses.
o Working with communities to assist with developing a larger community based approach to language revitalization.
o Promoting First Nations language integration in all classrooms and all subjects.
o Ensuring regular communication with Meadow Lake First Nation school administration and staff.
· Assisting with the development and implementation of MLTC Office of Education programs and initiatives as requested by the Director of Education or designate.
· Assist with MLTC Office of Education initiatives and other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Education; a Master’s Degree or commitment to begin studies in a field appropriate to LLRC initiatives.
- Saskatchewan Professional A Teachers’ Certification or the ability to obtain such standing; and a minimum of five (5) years of teaching experience.
- Experience in working with First Nations’ Schools & Communities.
- Willing to travel to the First Nation Communities; work within a team setting and independently.
Knowledge and/or willingness to obtain training to support MLTC’s initiatives including, but not limited to:
- Must be fluent in the Dene language(s) and have experience in working with First Nations’ Schools & Communities.
- Support land-based education in connection to language revitalization
- Awareness of cultural protocols of Cree and Dene First Nations
- Awareness of protocols working with Elders from different First Nations
- Ipad/Smart Suite
- Microsoft Office
- Google Suite
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application; resume stating qualifications and employment history; copies of credentials; current RCMP Security Clearance/Vulnerable Sector Check; copy of valid driver’s license; and a list of three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resource Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-6301
For more information, please contact Patricia St Denis, Superintendent of Education @ (306) 236-5654 or refer to the MLTC Website (https://www.mltc.net/).
thanks all individuals for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted