CFS Protection Case Aide
Location: Meadow Lake Tribal Council
Program: Child & Family Services
Employment Terms: Full Time
Length of Employment: Permanent
Number of Positions: 1
Salary Range: Dependent on Education & Experience
Contact Email: email@example.com
Date Posted: 02/11/2019
Expiration Date: 02/22/2019
CFS Protection Case Aide
MLTC Child & Family Services Department is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the full-time position of CFS Protection Case Aide, the position will be based out of the main office in Meadow Lake.
The Protection Case Aide will work closely with the Child Protection Workers and their immediate supervisor, he/she will be responsible for assisting program staff to provide a full range of services including but not limited to: transportation of clients, maintaining professional relationships with clients, team members and other agencies in order to provide required services to Family Service Workers, develop and coordinate administrative tasks available for all case files.
- Assist with data entry of client files on CFS Database
- Assist with collection, maintenance, and distribution of CFS statistical information
- Updating client case files with new information
- Filing of forms, documents, letters as required
- Assist with contact standards
- Provide intake coverage and investigations
- Liaison between family and worker through contact standards, phone calls, etc.
- Advocate to/for families/clients
- Other administrative duties as required/requested.
- Assist with detailed referral information or initiating a safety phase of an assessment with respect to the child/youth.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s of Social Work
- Secondary: Certificate or Diploma in Social Work may be considered
- Experience in Business Administration and/or Office Administrative duties.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in computer software/database applications (i.e. Microsoft Office and CFS Database)
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accurate documentation and records
- Ability to manage competing priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrated knowledge of first nations history, from colonization to present day, this includes but not limited to the emotional, psychological and spiritual effects of first nations people.
- Demonstrated knowledge of family systems theory and case management practices
- Asset would be understanding of CFS Agency Standards, practice, policies and procedures in first nations community.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in computer applications (i.e. AIS Database; Microsoft - Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and communication (written/verbal) skills.
- Must demonstrate a high level of professionalism, integrity, and personal wellness.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours with extensive travel involved.
- The ability to speak and understand Cree and/or Dene is a definite asset.
All interested applicants are invited to submit: a letter of intent, resume detailing qualifications and experience, copies of credentials, current satisfactory RCMP Security Clearance that includes a Vulnerable Sector Check, Child Abuse Records Check, copy of valid driver’s license, and a list of three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resources Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654. Fax: (306) 236-6301
Deadline: Friday, February 22, 2019
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their
however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.