Administrative Support/File Clerk - BNSO
Location: Meadow Lake Tribal Council
Program: Child & Family Services
Employment Terms: Full Time
Length of Employment: Permanent
Number of Positions: 1
Salary Range: Dependent on Education & Experience
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: 11/05/2018
Expiration Date: 11/16/2018
The Meadow Lake Tribal Council is looking for a motivated individual, with excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills to fill the permanent full-time position of Administrative Support/File Clerk for the Child & Family Services Department, this position will be based out of the Buffalo Narrows Sub Office. Duties require a broad and comprehensive knowledge of the organization’s policies, procedures, protocols, and practices. Responsibilities require discretion, judgement, tact, poise, multi-tasking, and the ability to prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment.
· General Office Duties i.e. – typing, photocopying, filing, faxing, general organization of Buffalo Narrows Sub Office.
· Public Relations: answer/forward incoming calls; greet and provide assistance to all visitors etc.
· Maintaining an inventory of consumable office supplies; distributing as needed and ordering as required/requested.
· Maintain fleet vehicles, i.e., bookings, arranging for maintenance, etc.
· Assisting with meeting preparation, i.e., meeting kits, notifying members, taking minutes, booking facilities/rooms, etc.
· Mail/Bank Deposits; Ministry Bill Backs; Purchase Orders issued through the AIS data entry system.
· Assist with the maintenance of the CFS current/archive filing systems.
· Some traveling may be required.
· Certificate/Diploma in Office Education from a recognized institute with related experience & knowledge in Child and Family Services Administrative Support services.
· Appropriate combination of education and relevant work experience may be considered.
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment with staff, other MLTC departments, and the nine (9) First Nation’s communities.
· Demonstrated knowledge in office procedures; ability to maintain accurate records/files and documentation; excellent communication, organization and planning skills.
· Able to consistently demonstrate professionalism with a strong work ethic while maintaining confidentiality and following all MLTC & CFS policies and procedures.
· Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in computer software applications (i.e. Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
· Knowledge and understanding of MLTC and First Nation history, cultures, and values; ability to speak Cree and/or Dene will be considered an asset.
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application, resume stating qualifications, related work experience, copies of credentials, current RCMP Security Clearance/Vulnerable Sector Check, a copy of your valid driver’s license, and three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resources Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654. Fax: (306) 236-6301
For more information, please contact Nicole Sylvestre, Office Manager, Buffalo Narrows Sub Office @ (306) 235-4264 or visit the MLTC website @ www.mltc.net
Deadline: Friday, November 16, 2018
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications,
However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.