Student Services Coordinator
Location: Meadow Lake Tribal Council
Employment Terms: Full Time
Length of Employment: Other
Number of Positions: 1
Salary Range: Dependent on Education & Experience
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: 12/14/2017
Expiration Date: 01/26/2018
Student Services Coordinator
(2017-18 School Year)
MLTC is seeking a highly motivated dynamic individual to fill the full-time position of Student Services Coordinator for the Office of Education based on a 200 day school year employment arrangement with the possibility renewal each year. The Student Services Coordinator is a supportive role that enhances the programming in the MLFN schools. Working as part of a collaborative team, with commitment as their essential strength, the Coordinator is a valuable leader and is knowledgeable in the field of Special Education services, including those of Educational Psychology, Occupational Therapy, and Speech and Language Pathology.
- Provide or arrange mentorship for new Special Education teachers in the MLFN schools.
- Provide and arrange for monitoring and assistance in Individual Educational Plan Development and Behavior Intervention Plan Development.
- Screen and prioritize referral forms and funding applications.
- Provide assistance in annual applications for special education funding to MLFN schools.
- Assist teachers in getting materials and programs in place for students with special needs.
- Provide in-services that pertain to Special Education teachers and Educational Assistants as requested by the MLFN schools.
- Provide professional development for teachers at the MLFN schools.
- Provide resources for all schools on an as needed basis to be determined in conjunction with Director of Education and/or Superintendent of MLFN schools.
- Organize and coordinate student services files.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education; Master’s Degree or commitment to begin studies in a field appropriate to the Special Education field.
- Hold a Professional “A” Certificate and hold a Special Education Accreditation.
- Minimum of five years teaching experience within the field of Special Education.
- Familiarity with the needs and roles of the Educational Psychologist, Occupational Therapist and Speech and Language Pathologist.
- Must be familiar with First Nations Education and the AANDC Special Education system.
- Must be familiar with Early Years Education.
- Excellent interpersonal, public relations, and written/verbal communication skills.
- Organized, self-directed, task and goal oriented with measurable results.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision or within a team environment.
- Applicant should be comfortable with providing in-services to school staff.
- Able to travel extensively throughout the MLTC area as required.
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application, resume stating qualifications, related work experience, copies of credentials, current RCMP Security Clearance/Vulnerable Sector Check, current child abuse records check, valid driver’s license, and three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.