CRDN - Pre-Employment Caseworker
Location: Meadow Lake Tribal Council
Program: Economic Development
Employment Terms: Full Time
Length of Employment: 1 year
Number of Positions: 1
Salary Range: Dependent on Education & Experience
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: 04/05/2019
Expiration Date: 04/19/2019
Pre-Employment Program Caseworker (Term Position)
The Meadow Lake Tribal Council is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill a term position of Pre-Employment Program Caseworker. The position will be based out of the Clearwater River Dene Nation. The successful candidate will join the ‘Economic Development Team’ and will provide direct services to the Meadow Lake First Nation membership in a client centered approach; conduct assessment and counseling of social assistance clients; develop a plan of action which assists the clients with the transition to training and employment.
· Explain program criteria and eligibility to clients regarding the Pre-Employment Program.
· Ensure clientele that are being assessed that each First Nation Social Development Program has made it mandatory for all clientele in the 18-24 range to fill out documentation, and forms needed to begin the process of work readiness, and any other related training/employment required.
· Conduct individual client career planning strategies to determine attainable and appropriate education, training and employment goals; assist clients to the appropriate funding agency; assist clients with career building.
· Experience in developing and delivering skills enhancement group workshops; presentations to large groups.
· Monitor client progress via a data base, periodic contact by phone or in person; measure success of clientele intervention through regular, diligent follow up strategies and procedures.
· Support clients in understanding themselves through counseling, coaching or testing means.
· Encourage client to make informed work and learning choices through a variety of multi-media resources.
· Assist multi-barrier clients via crisis management and problem solving strategies towards entering or re-entering the labor force by the identification, analysis, mediation and resolution of conflicts that may impede the individual’s transition into work or training.
· Client referrals are provided by the MLFN Social Development Administrators and forwarded on to the MLTC ASETS & Employment Services Coordinators for assessing training and employment support programs.
· Liaison with Meadow Lake First Nation Social Development Administrators in monitoring/adhering to Federal & Provincial agreements.
· Post-secondary education in related area and/or a combination of training and work experience may be considered.
· Interest in/and commitment to social development.
· Organizational skills and ability to coordinate and manage major initiatives.
· Supervisory skills and experience is an asset.
· Proficient with computers, i.e. Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
· An understanding and knowledge of First Nations culture, traditions, and history and the ability to speak Dene is considered a valuable asset.
· Ability to travel extensively and possession of a valid driver’s license.
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application, resume stating qualifications, related work experience, copies of credentials, current RCMP Security Clearance/Vulnerable Sector Check, copy of valid driver’s license, and three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resources Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-6301
For more information please contact Christine Derocher, Senior Director of Programs @ (306) 236-5654 or visit our website @www.mltc.net.
Deadline: Friday, April 19, 2019
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications,
however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.