Location: Meadow Lake Tribal Council
Employment Terms: Other
Length of Employment: Other
Number of Positions: 1
Date Posted: 02/07/2019
Expiration Date: 02/22/2019
The Meadow Lake Tribal Council is seeking a dynamic motivated individual to fill a position of Educational Psychologist for the Office of Education to begin as soon as possible and continuing into the 2019-20 school year.
The Educational Psychologist will work closely with, and form an integral part of the MLTC Student Services team. This position will focus on collaboration and consultation with nine (9) schools in providing supports and programming.
· To provide assessment and program recommendations for students who have been referred for academic and/or behavioural reasons.
· Provide written reports on all students referred for services and distribute the reports according to existing distribution protocol.
· Maintains an up to date confidential file on each child served. The Coordinator of Student Services will generate such files.
· Provides consultation for parents, administrators, teachers and support staff regarding assessment recommendations.
· Collaborates with parents, administrators and other agencies for the purpose of meeting the needs of children.
· Acts as an in-service resource for teachers as required (and approved) within areas of expertise.
· Provides open communication with parents, teachers and administrators.
· Assists in the identification of designated students within the criteria determined by INAC/ISC.
· Recommends suitable materials to schools and parents for use with students as determined by their assessed need.
· Other requests as contract time permits:
o Provides follow-up to recommendations made, and provides additional support where required such as PD in areas of Differentiated Instruction, classroom management, Educational Assistant Planning, etc.
o Assists administrators and teachers with their understanding of reports of other agencies upon request.
o Recommends, to the Superintendent of Education, changes within the delivery of Educational Psychology services.
o Assists school personnel with the development of behaviour management plans for students when requested.
o Support land, language, relationship & culture initiatives
o Attends in-service and professional development/learning authorized by the Director or Superintendent or Education.
· Masters Degree in Psychology or Educational Psychology.
· Registered with the College of Psychologists, licensed with the Saskatchewan College of Psychologists.
· Specialized training in assessment practices for special needs students.
· Valid Teachers Certificate considered an asset
· Good understanding of INAC/ISC Special Education System
· Well-versed with Microsoft Office, Google Suite
· Willing to travel extensively to the First Nation Communities with possible overnight stays; work within a team setting and independently
· Excellent communication skills (Verbal/Written); decision-making skills; professional judgment skills: and organizational/time-management skills.
· Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
· Working with minimal supervision and ability to lead a team collaboratively
· Innovative and adaptability
· Prioritizing multiple demands
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application; resume stating qualifications and employment history, copies of credentials, current RCMP Security Clearance/Vulnerable Sector Check; copy of valid driver’s license; and three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resources Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-6301
For more information, please contact Elizabeth Read, Superintendent of Education @ (306) 236-5654 or visit the MLTC website at www.mltc.net
Deadline: February 22nd, 2019
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications,
however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.