Special Advisor- Researcher (Leadership Office of the Chiefs)
Location: Meadow Lake Tribal Council
Employment Terms: Temporary
Length of Employment: 1 year
Number of Positions: 1
Salary Range: Dependent on Qualifications
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: 05/10/2017
Expiration Date: 05/24/2017
Leadership Office of the Chiefs
One (1) Year Term Employment Opportunity
The Meadow Lake Tribal Council is looking for a dynamic highly motivated individual, with excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills to join the Leadership Office of the Chiefs as a Special Advisor-Researcher for a one (1) year term position.
The Special Advisor-Researcher will provide technical guidance to the Leadership Office of the Chiefs (LOC). Key responsibilities are to support the Tribal Chief and Vice Chief to lead the advocacy agenda, explore and actively seek enhanced partnerships, explore and develop relationships with all levels of government and explore and actively seek new external partnerships. Provide critical linkage between the Chiefs Assembly, Leadership Office of the Chiefs, and MLTC.
The primary duty is to research issues
the Meadow Lake First Nations and the MLTC. For example, the Special Advisor / Researcher
will monitor issues currently affecting the members of the Tribal Council’s
- · Individuals do not need to hold any particular degree or qualification in order to be able to apply for the position of Special Advisor / Researcher, HOWEVER, since the job is fairly competitive, most employees do hold a degree. Particularly useful degrees include politics, public relations, business management, and international relations. Most training is provided once individuals have secured their job but potential employees should possess good IT skills and comfortable with the Internet.
- · Prior experience in the field of politics is not necessary, however, it will be beneficial to any applications.
- · Excellent project management skills with a proven track record for completing projects.
- · Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong work ethic and positive team attitude are essential to this position.
- · Must possess excellent IT skills and be comfortable with the internet for researching information.
- · Must be capable of taking direction and able to work as part of a team.
- · Ability to manage competing priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- · Possessing the knowledge and understanding of MLTC and our First Nation’s history, cultures, and values with the ability to speak Cree and/or Dene is a valuable asset.
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application, resume stating qualifications and related work experience, copies of credentials and valid Class 5 driver’s license, current satisfactory RCMP Criminal Records Check, and a list of three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resources Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-6301
For more information, please contact Gordon Iron, Chief Executive Officer @ (306) 236-5654, or visit the MLTC website at www.mltc.net
Deadline: Wednesday, May 24, 2017
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications,
however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.