Post-secondary Summer Student
Location: Meadow Lake Tribal Council
Program: Summer Student
Employment Terms: Temporary
Length of Employment: Other
Number of Positions: 0
Salary Range: $15 - $20 per hour
Contact Email: email@example.com
Date Posted: 02/28/2017
Expiration Date: 03/24/2017
Meadow Lake Tribal Council
2017 Summer Employment
MLTC is recruiting Post-Secondary students for summer employment to work in various programs and/or departments and will be filling positions pending funding approval within these possible program areas.
- Child & Family Services
- Health & Social Development
- Technical Services
- Economic Development - Employment & Training
- Information Technology (IT)
- Salary Range - $15.00 - $20.00/hour
- Duration – 2 – 4 months
- Start Date – Tentative – May 1 – August 31
- Member First Nation.
- Post-secondary student returning or going to school in the fall of 2017.
- You will need a letter from the post-secondary education institution verifying your acceptance / continuing / returning in the fall of 2017.
- Positive role model; show high level of maturity, self-reliant, etc.
- Ability to work independently / with minimum supervision, and in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Responsible, reliable, prompt, creative, organized.
- Strong computer skills. Proficient in use of Microsoft Office 2010 (Word, Excel, Power point, etc.).
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of First Nations culture.
- Ability to speak Cree and / or Dene would be an asset.
- A valid Class 5 Drivers License is a valuable asset.
- Current satisfactory RCMP Security Clearance.
- A letter of application stating what program you are enrolled in.
- The MLTC program you are interested in working for (i.e. education, justice, etc.).
- Resume stating qualifications and related work experience.
- Current satisfactory RCMP Security Clearance & valid driver’s license.
- A list of three (3) current professional references to:
Human Resources Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654. Fax: (306) 236-6301
Deadline: Tuesday, March 24, 2017