Community Health Resource Nurse (RN AAP)
The MLTC Nursing Department is seeking highly motivated individuals to fill the full time, permanent position of Community Health Resource Nurse (RN AAP). This position will provide Human Resource support to a specific MLTC First Nation community as per assignment. When there is a need, you will travel to various MLTC First Nation communities to work in an expanded scope of practice to provide primary care, public health, health promotion, and emergency care, including after hours on-call care. You will provide services in various settings such as home, school, and clinic.
- Bachelor Degree/Diploma in Nursing with other equivalencies or related experiences such as a certificate in Public Health, Health Canada clinical skills course, and advanced practice course.
- ACLS, BTLS, NRP, PALS, TNCC
- Basic CPR and annual re-certification required to maintain skill level
- Registered or eligible to apply for SRNA nursing license.
- SRNA RN with AAP designation is an asset, or be willing to undertake the AAP certification.
- Ability to speak/understand Cree/Dene is considered a valuable asset.
When you travel to the MLTC FNs you can expect Standby/On-Call pay and travel time. MLTC also offers professional development allowances, retention bonuses, a comprehensive benefit plan including Dental, Extended Health, Sick Leave and a pension match plan.
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application; resume stating qualifications and employment history; copies of credentials; current RCMP Security Clearance/Vulnerable Sector Check; a copy of valid driver’s license; and a list of three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resource Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-3509
For more information, please contact Renee Hein, Advanced Practice Nursing Supervisor @ (306) 236-5817 or visit the MLTC website @ www.mltc.net
Deadline: Friday, April 16, 2021
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.