Mental Wellness & Substance Use Counsellor
Employment Type: (1) Full Time Position
Closing date: Open until filled
Flying Dust First Nation Health Department is seeking a highly motivated and dedicated individual to develop a proactive approach to connecting individuals experiencing Substance Use and Mental Health concerns. Services are provided following FDFN Community Counselling Program Standards and the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association Standards. This person is expected to practice within its scope of practice and within its skills capacity.
Duties of this include, but not limited to:
- Developing treatment plans
- Intake and screening
- Prevention and promotion initiatives
- Planning and delivery of community-based mental health services
- Case management
- Crisis response
- Facilitating individual and group intervention
- Work directly with patients
- Facilitate individual and group therapy sessions
- Monitor progress throughout the treatment plan
- Collaborate on intervention plans with other mental health specialists, doctors, nurses, and social workers
- Follow up with psychiatrists and attending physicians for clients admitted to the hospital
- Identify and prevent behaviors that impede recovery
- Bachelor’s degree (in psychology, counselling, addiction, social work, or related field) required.
- Must have a minimum of 500 direct counselling hours obtained under a qualified clinical counselling supervisor – where at least 120 of those hours are direct client contact – a combination of education, clinical background, and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of Child & Family Services policy and programs.
- Ability to apply the Saskatchewan Mental Health Act, the Child and Family Services Act and other relevant legislations as they apply to the practice.
- Must be a positive role model and a team player.
- Must lead a healthy lifestyle and must maintain and support strict confidentiality.
- Current Criminal Record Check and CPIC.
Please email, fax, or mail your resume stating qualifications and work experience, along with 3 work references one (1) reference from your last or current employer to:
Flying Dust First Nation
8001 Flying Dust Reserve
Meadow Lake, SK S9X 1T8 Fax: (306) 236-3373
Attn: Larena Deschamps, Human Resources Manager Email: [email protected]