Substitute Teacher – 2023-24 School Year
Kopahawakenum Community School is seeking a highly motivated and dedicated individual to fill the position of Substitute Teacher for the 2023-24 school year. The school is located on the Flying Dust First Nation on the northeast side of Meadow Lake, Saskatchewan. The Kopahawakenum Community School offers a complete, modern educational program from Kindergarten to Grade 8. The school features a gym with change rooms, a multi-purpose room, a library, a home economics room, PAA room, science and computer labs, and several resource areas.
The beautifully designed school hosts a pre-Kindergarten program to Grade 8. The school has created a welcoming environment for learning and provides ample opportunities for the students. Kopahawakenum Community School promotes a strong balanced literacy program while incorporating language and culture into their school identity.
- Bachelor of Education degree or higher from an accredited institution; Eligible for a Saskatchewan Professional “A” or Provisional Professional “A” teaching certificate.
- Have a working knowledge of Canada’s Indigenous Peoples and to integrate their culture, values and history into the curriculum.
- Have high standards and expectations for academic achievement, especially in the areas of literacy and numeracy.
- Have excellent classroom management skills, and able to utilize and demonstrate positive classroom/behavior management strategies.
- Accommodate and include special needs children by adjusting teaching styles and curriculum as required for inclusion.
- We offer our Substitute Teachers compensation comparable to NWSD Substitute Teacher rates.
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application; current resume stating qualifications and employment history; copies of credentials; current RCMP Criminal Records / Vulnerable Sector Checks; a copy of valid driver’s license; and a list of three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resources Department
8003 Flying Dust First Nation
Meadow Lake, SK S9X 1T8
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-1357
For more information, please contact Cheryl Derocher, Principal @ (306) 236-9513, or visit our website at www.mltc.net.
Deadline: Open Deadline
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications,
however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.